WALTHAM, Mass., Sept. 06, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BVI, one of the fastest-growing, diversified surgical ophthalmic businesses in the world, announced the acquisition of Medical Mix, a company specializing in the supply of medical devices for ophthalmic surgery across Spain and Portugal. Read More
WALTHAM, Mass. — July 18th, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — BVI, one of the fastest growing surgical ophthalmic businesses in the world, is proud to announce the opening of its new, state of the art facility in Liège, Belgium. This results in a sizeable increase in BVI’s intraocular lens (IOL) business capacity, unlocking new growth opportunities and reinforcing the company’s environmental, social, and governance (ESG) leadership. Read More
- FINEVISION HP is the first patented diffractive trifocal IOL and is one of the flagship products in BVI’s IOL portfolio; FINE Trifocal technology is utilized across the company’s entire range of presbyopia-correcting IOLs.
- The Japan launch follows two key FINEVISION HP 2023 milestones: One million FINEVISION IOL implants sold worldwide and the recent completion of the FINEVISION HP IDE clinical study patient enrollment in the US.
- BVI expects to introduce several IOL models over the next few years in Japan, demonstrating BVI’s commitment to ophthalmic surgeons and their patients in Japan.
WALTHAM, Mass., June 19th, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) BVI, one of the fastest growing surgical ophthalmic businesses in the world, is thrilled to announce the official launch of FINEVISION HP in Japan. The FINEVISION HP hydrophobic and glistening free trifocal IOL represents a significant breakthrough in trifocal technology as the first trifocal platform to offer cataract patients high quality vision across all distances. Read More
WALTHAM, MA - May 1, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — BVI, a diversified global ophthalmic device company, today announced it has completed enrollment of its U.S. Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) clinical study for its latest hydrophobic trifocal intraocular lens, FINEVISION® HP. Read More
WALTHAM, Mass., Sept. 15, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BVI, a diversified global ophthalmic device company, today announced certification for its intraocular lens (IOL) portfolio under the European Medical Device Regulation (MDR, (EU) 2017/745) from its Notified Body, the British Standards Institution (BSI)¹. The new regulatory criteria came into effect in May 2021, replacing the prior Medical Device Directive (MDD). Read More
Government customers can now purchase BVI’s high-quality ophthalmic products through Lovell Government Services’ ECAT Contract. Read More
Supports surgeon-centered digital visualization, improved ergonomics and real-timeguidance to surgical decision-making process Read More
BVI transformed from producing surgical knives to treating eye diseases as a next-generation company. Here’s how the business is still innovating. Read More
BVI Launches New Hydrophobic PODEYE™ TORIC Intraocular Lens as Part of the PhysIOL Family of Lenses Read More
October 15, 2020 Read More
- Benz R&D is the leading technologically advanced independent supplier of performance materials and manufacturing technology to the IOL industry
- BVI’s vertical integration will accelerate manufacturing capacity and geographic sales expansion, and the IOL material capabilities of BVI’s world leading PhysIOL® lens platform
Waltham, MA – October 15, 2020 Read More
BVI and Merge
With 1,400 products sold in markets around the world, BVI was struggling with a convoluted sales process. Sales reps were frustrated with antiquated procedures, including a physical catalog to find and enter SKUs into a spreadsheet, emailing orders to support teams for verification and building the sample pack. Continue reading the article today! Read More
BVI® introduces Patient Packs to help US ophthalmologists bring patients back with confidence. Read More
- BVI broadens its widely popular range of Malosa® single-use ophthalmic instruments to
span cataract, oculoplastic, corneal refractive procedures and other office-based
- Malosa single-use instruments help surgeons focus on precision, reduce cross
contaminations, and increase operating room efficiency.
Waltham, MA – September 8, 2020 – BVI, the fastest growing diversified company in
ophthalmology, today announced the extension of its Malosa®
range of single-use ophthalmic
instruments in the US. The US Malosa portfolio will now include specialty instruments for use in
corneal refractive surgery, complementing the existing single-use product range for cataract,
oculoplastic and office-based procedures, such as LASIK, PRK and SMILE®. Read More
BVI launches its first intraocular lens in the US; expands US portfolio with IPure®, a fully pre-loaded aspheric monofocal IOL Read More